Sunday, October 9, 2022

New recording of Mosolov harp concerto


Alexander Mosolov's "lost" Concerto for Harp and Orchestra dates back to 1939, but it was not recorded until 2020, when a world premiere recording was made by conductor Arthur Arnold and the Moscow Symphony Orchestra, with harpist Taylor Ann Fleshman as the soloist.

Now there is a second recording.  French harpist Xavier de Maistre has released a new recording of the Mosolov concerto, with WDR Sinfonieorchester Köln, conducted by Nathalie Stutzmann. The recording also has a Reinhold Glière harp concerto. More information here. 

The album is available from the usual streaming services and at Freegal, the music streaming service offered by some public libraries in the U.S. 


1 comment:

  1. I listened to a bit of the harp concerto on YouTube. I also pulled out a CD of Shostakovich Symphony 14 to listen to in the car as part of my Russian Futurism homework.

    ReplyDelete

I've gone Substack

I'm going to try publishing this blog on Substack; please go here to see new posts and an archive of all of my older posts. I'll h...